Margaret Tan is the Associate Professor at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and Madan Rao is a KM author and consultant based in Bangalore.
The book focuses on 12 organisations from the Singapore Public sector that won the knowledge management excellence awards in 2008, 2009 and 2010 run by the Information and Knowledge Management Society of Singapore
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA)
- National Library Board (NLB)
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
- Ministry of Finance (MOF)
- Singapore Armed Forces (SAF)
- Jurong Town Corporation (JTC)
- Supreme Court of Singapore (SC)
- Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS)
- Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC)
- Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC)
- Singapore Police Force: Police Technology Department (SPF-PTD)
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
You will find more information about the book here, including the forward by Dave Snowden
You may also be interested in this report that looks at Public Sector KM initiatives in Dubai: Knowledge Management in the UAE's Public Sector: The Case of Dubai by Mhamed Biygautane and Khalid Al-Yahya of the Dubai School of Government.
Whenever, I visit Dubai I can't help but draw comparisons with Singapore but I am sure I only see the surface similarities. This article Dubai vs Singapore - Economy written in 2010 gives a more in depth analysis. It would be interesting to compare the approach to KM in the two public sectors.