In it they make seven assumptions about a dialogic mindset for leaders. Something very similar to what I call Conversational Leadership
- Reality and relationships are socially constructed.
- Organizations are social networks of meaning making.
- Transformational leadership shapes how meaning is made and especially the narratives which guide people's experience.
- Organizations are continuously changing, in both intended and unintended ways, with multiple changes occurring at various speeds.
- Groups and organizations are inherently self-organizing, but disruption is required for transformational adaptation and change.
- Adaptive challenges are too complex for anyone to analyze all the variables and know the correct answer in advance, so the answer is to use emergent change processes.
- Leading emergent change requires mobilizing stakeholders to self-initiate action, then monitoring and embedding the most promising initiatives
What people believe to be true, right, and important emerge through socialization and day-today conversations.