There were four training courses and I wanted to rename each of them - to change the language that was used in talking about people.
- "Managing human resources" to "Managing people" or even to "Working with people".
- "Attracting, retaining and developing talent: a strategy for increasing human capital" to "Attracting, retaining and developing people: a strategy for helping people to develop themselves"
- "Return on investment on human capital" to "Helping people to be their best."
- Lets STOP thinking of people as resource, or talent or capital but quite simply as people!
- And lets stop talking about manipulating people but about working effectively with each other and helping and supporting each other.
But try as I might I cannot think of a better name for the most hated term of all "Human Resources"! Any suggestions?
Or maybe a paradigm shift is in order? Lets transform the concept of "HR" and then we would not need a new name!