Some interesting thoughts via Harold Jarche
on the changes we might see in the next 20 years.
In just twenty years, between 2000 and 2020, some 75% of our lives will change dramatically. We know this because it happened once before. Between 1900 and 1920, life changed.
Nine Shift explores the uncanny parallels between today and 100 years ago, examining the changes between the two transition periods and the forces that restructure society in the new economic era.
Here are the predicted shifts from Nine Shift
- People work from home.
- Intranets replace offices.
- Networks replace pyramids
- Trains replace cars
- Dense neighborhoods replace suburbs
- New social infrastructures evolve.
- Cheating becomes collaboration.
- Half of all learning is online.
- Education becomes web-based.