LinkedIn is a social network service of more than 4 million people from around the world, representing 130 industries.
When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join Linkedin and connect to you.
Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to thousands of other people. Through your network you can:
- Find potential clients, service providers, subject experts, and partners who come recommended
- Be found for business opportunities
- Search for jobs
- Get introduced to other professionals through the people you know
About Linkedin Groups
Many people advance their careers and organizational goals by counting on industry and professional groups, alumni organizations, industry conferences and corporate alumni groups to help them make new contacts. Linkedin Groups allows group-based organizations to help their members stay in touch with one another and discover new contacts within their groups and beyond. Benefits include:
- See a list of all your fellow group members
- Search within your group for new contacts
- Communicate directly with fellow members