Well, it seems there is some doubt about its future and a survey is being carried out.
The reason for the survey is to gather people's views on the site, the resources, its relevance to their work and also how they would like to see the site developed.
The future of the library is uncertain. It has already been made a static site and there is a real possibility that it will be closed. On the other hand if there is sufficient support it may be provided with a proper budget. So in addition to the above the survey is being carried out to:
- Gather evidence on the value of the site, including case studies of how the library has impacted on people's work
- Identify people that it would be helpful to include in the lessons learned review
- Identify people that it would be useful to involve if the library needs to look for a new home
- Gather information that would be helpful to pitch the library to a new host or funder
- Generally stir up support for the library